Service Design Lead/Chief Engineer
7 days left
- Full Time
Serves as a top level technical or functional expert, often working on multiple projects and programs.
2. Ensures security is integrated into all architecture solutions.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Evaluate new application, infrastructure and cloud decisions in existing context of applications, infrastructure, standards, current business strategy and future business strategy.
5. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced IT staff and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. Serves as liaison with senior clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
8. Provides high level expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
9, Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Designs and oversee implementation of the program modernization service offerings.
11. Collaborate with industry partners to meet customer objectives and program deliverables.
12. Assess and communicate the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits and opportunities of IT solutions.
13. Control and maintain IT standards across the program.
14. Interact with Project and Change managers to assess that projects meet the IT standards; update as appropriate if a change is required.
15. Liaise with external service providers as part of architecture and standards approval process.
16. Promote a culture of innovation; continuously seek opportunities for improvement within role, processes, team and the IT organization as a whole.
17. Provide solution and alternative recommendations for business cases for new solutions.
18. Validate a systems architectural blueprint and design for quality, performance, security, user experience, maintenance, operations, redundancy, compliance, data flows, life cycling, dependencies and integration
19. Provide IT input into technical requirements for task orders.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Master's degree preferred.
20 OR MORE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN AREA OF EXPERTISE.
- Experience understanding and identifying customer "hot buttons" and developing a plan/approach that addresses each.
- Experience leading and building team consensus and conveying the necessary messages
- Expert knowledge of Enterprise Management software engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Design experience in large scale, enterprise-wide systems, providing user facing core IT services such as virtualized cloud architectures, virtual desktop, email, unified communications, or related Enterprise productivity applications.
- Expert knowledge of information technology principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment such as Cisco, VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory, Unified Communications, ITSM products, etc.
- Experience working with enterprise systems and monitoring tools Zenoss, Genesys, Splunk, and ITSM products.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#CJPOST #DPOST #AJ