Principal Enterprise Systems Administrator - TS/SCI Required
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Familiar with a broad spectrum of technical disciplines which may include networking, system administration (Linux/Unix/Windows), Storage area Networks and Information Security.
- General systems monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting skills for servers and network devices.
- Correlates service impacts to enterprise managed systems and services.
- Provide insight to customer with regards to mapping of mission and service functions to an asset or configuration item.
- Possess and demonstrate strong customer service skills; including conflict resolutions and customer interactive listening skills.
- Must demonstrate team work, collaboration, adaptability, organization, self-motivation and flexibility.
- ITIL Foundations v.3
- ITIL Service Operations Intermediate
- 8570 (Security+)
Requires successful completion of poly.