Database Administrator II - TS/SCI w/Polygraph Required
7 days left
- Full Time
- Responsible for overall database reliability and availability including planning, coordinating and administering computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long and short range requirements, operational guidelines, protection and logical-physical database design.
- Formulates and monitors policies, procedures and standards relating to database management.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends relevant COTS software tools.
- Collaborates with software engineers, security administration, computer operators, network management and system administrators to ensure quality and integrity of databases, applications, software and data.
- Responsible for performance monitoring, database tuning, identification and correction of performance bottlenecks.
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
- Assists in analyzing and determining information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Helps coordinate new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Assists in reviewing business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- Stay current on vendor's best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
- Highly developed research and analytical skills - must work with data and pinpoint statistically significant patterns related to cyber threats.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Solid teamwork skills - the ability to collaborate with others who are conducting research in the same, similar or different areas
- Excellent writing/communication skills.
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification prior to Hire Date.