Associate Network Engineer - TS/SCI w/Polygraph Required
- Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
- Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
0-2 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
- Utilizes the ITILv3 processes and additional Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for event, incident, and configuration management
- Monitors and investigates Network Management System (NMS) Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) trap data and Syslog messages, troubleshoots network incidents, documents findings, remotely restores services/recommends fix actions, and dispatches maintenance to appropriate organizations if remote restoration is possible.
- Coordinates and implements network changes in accordance with established communications maintenance activity (CMA) processes and procedures.
- Reports Situational Awareness (SA) information to the customer and works to identify business impact in conjunction with technical trouble ticketing documentation.
- Maintains Job Qualification Standard (JQS) requirements and job certification with an implemented Annual Plan of Instruction (APOI) per customer direction in conjunction with DoDD 8570 Requirements.
- Collects relevant information required for vendor Technical Assistance Cases (TACs)
Shift work is on a Panama Schedule.
Schedule 1 Schedule 2
Work - Tue, Wed Off - Tue, Wed
Off - Thur, Fri Work - Thur, Fri
Work - Sat, Sun, Mon Off - Sat, Sun, Mon
Off - Tue, Wed Work - Tue, Wed
Work - Thur, Fri Off - Thur, Fri
Off - Sat, Sun, Mon Work - Sat, Sun, Mon
Days - 6am to 6pm
Mids -- 6pm to 6am (Shift differential)
Rotation between shifts is every two months.
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, either CompTIA Security+ OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ is the preferred certification. Must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a CI Polygraph if requested.