Chief Operating Officer
The ANA Chief Operating Officer (COO) serves as a member of the executive leadership team and is responsible for ensuring the efficient, effective, high quality, and well-coordinated operations of the ANA Enterprise. The COO is responsible for implementation and continuous improvement of policies and procedures that strengthen the overall operations and effectiveness of the association.
The Chief Operating Officer provides strategic leadership and is responsible for the operating activities to support the business entities through oversight for Information Technology, Human Resources/Organizational Development, Office of General Counsel, and the Enterprise Executive Office. The COO is expected to act in the absence of the Chief Executive Officer.
1. Develops strategy and leads the organization’s operational activities in support of the accomplishment of strategic objectives, ensuring operations are conducted at the highest levels of efficiency, quality and effectiveness utilizing best practices.
2. Ensures the organization meets its human capital needs, including implementing effective human resource policies and practices and creating a culture, based on the Enterprise’s values, that leads to a high performing organization.
3. Creates a digital infrastructure and system that meets business needs, is responsive and relevant to members/customers, and supports employee work.
4. Oversees operational aspects of legal and compliance functions to ensure the Chief Legal Officer maintains a corporate compliance, regulatory and legal infrastructure to protect and advance the objectives of the ANA enterprise.
5. Provides Enterprise-wide organizational leadership working collaboratively with the CEO and executive leadership team and direct reports on the vision, strategy, activities, and opportunities and provide problem solving guidance on critical issues facing the organization.
6. Ensures coordinated, effective, responsive and efficient functioning of support departments including ensuring that each function meets its defined goals and budget
7. Coordinates, manages, and creates enterprise-wide activities and functions in support of attaining key results and creating a high performing organization.
Master’s degree in business administration, finance or related area required.
Ten (10) years of executive leadership experience. Five (5) years in leadership and management roles in progressive, complex organizations with a strong preference for association and enterprise management experience.
•Support and Oversight: Measurable experience providing executive level support to C-Suite, overseeing several departments, and supervising multiple executives.
•Proven Track Record: A seasoned executive with successful COO experience required along with possessing an outstanding operational and financial background and experience working in a fast paced, high volume, complex environment.
Experience building positive relationships, strategizing at a senior executive level, leading teams, projects, and colleagues, exceeding goals, and having consistently made excellent decisions based on analysis while creating a high performing organizational culture.
•Strategic Vision: Ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends and work with Executive Leadership Team to incorporate them into the strategic plan.
•Leadership and Management: Strong organizational, people, and project management skills. Flexibility in dealing with changing priorities and demanding work load. Demonstrated ability to recognize and appreciate differences and meet the needs of individuals and organizations from different cultures.
•Customer Orientation: Ability to recognize and address business opportunities and provide exceptional customer service.
•Interpersonal: Strong interpersonal skills and political sensitivity with ability to interact with and influence executive level individuals, consultants, vendors, volunteers, customers, employees, large groups, and other stakeholders to recognize and address perceptions.
•Communication: Exceptional communication skills including written and verbal communication. Advanced group facilitation and public speaking.
•Action-Oriented Approach: Enjoys seeking challenges and developing and implementing solutions.
•Solutions-Focused: The ability to critically think and collaboratively build solutions in politically charged, high visibility work environment. Exceptional analytical, financial, budgeting, computer, and problem solving skills. Attention to detail and flexibility are necessary.
•Labor Relations: Expertise in labor relations including mentoring and coaching others. Be thoroughly familiar with, and have an appreciation for the role of unions and the collective bargaining process.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION: Apply online at https://rew11.ultipro.com/AME1053/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*5C6A4387E737520D
The ANA is a great place to work and its state of the art office is located in beautiful downtown Silver Spring, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. The ANCC offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
• Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
• 3 weeks paid vacation, and Christmas week off (paid)
• 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
• Fabulous matching 401K
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible Spending