Sr Systems Technician, COMSEC - TS/SCI w/Polygraph Required
6 days left
- Full Time
Industry Partner Access (Position) COMSEC
- Lead installs that support LANs, WANs, network segments, internet, and domain systems.
- Configure, and deploy networks equipment according to specification and security requirements.
- Monitor networks to ensure security and availability.
- Analyze and isolate network issues
- Perform network address assignment.
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Hands on experience with Cisco and Juniper network devices.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking projects.
- Know the seven layer OSI model or CCNA certification.
- Managing a Department of Defense (DOD) classified COMSEC account in accordance with National Security Agency (NSA) and specified service regulations
- COMSEC (KMI and EKMS) standards
- Generation and distribution of electronic keys from national and service level sources to the end-item communications security component (End Cryptographic Unit - ECU)
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
3-5 years of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
- Strong hands-on background in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of IP based voice, data, and video communications networks; to include transport and end-instruments
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operating/hardware system problems
- Experience with CISCO, Foundry, Brocade and Juniper routers and switches with in-depth knowledge of VLAN's, protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Spanning Tree, etc.)
- Experience with programming and troubleshooting Cryptographic equipment
- Experience with WAN circuit technologies (T1, DS3, OC-3, OC-12, OC-192).
- Perform configuration management of system and hardware assets
- Coordinate maintenance activities with customer and network entities
- Provides training of end-item equipment to customers
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance to other employees
- Tasking required by the contract
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer Service orientation
- Ability to work independently within a Team Concept
- Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
- Shift Work is required during certain periods
- Valid driver's license. Able to lift equipment up to 50 lbs.
Must possess appropriate current DOD Information Assurance (IA) certification to be considered for employment; i.e.; CompTIA Security+CE; or CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DOD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification prior to hire date.
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client; all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to submit and pass a polygraph examination.