Systems Engineer, Infrastructure
6 days left
- Full Time
- Design, implementation and management of customer's NetApp Flexpod infrastructure.
- Architect, Design, Configure and Deploy new UCS Domains.
- Designs and implements flexible and efficient processes for operating system installs, associated images and techniques for applying fixes.
- Extensive experience with VMware virtualization technology and with storage platforms.
- Experience managing Physical and Virtual Data Centers.
- Hands on experience with server and operating system technologies (Cisco UCS) Flexpod, including architecture and design.
- Possess a strong knowledgebase about enterprise server technologies including ESXi (up to 6.5), Windows 2016/2012/2008 OS, Virtualization technologies (VMware/Hyper-V), etc.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail with results driven with focus on high quality and excellent customer service as well as the ability to multitask.
- Excellent documentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Provide expert level Tier III troubleshooting assistance on supported systems.
- Provide key metrics to management about the health and use of supported systems.
- Ability to conduct thorough research and develop high-level technical recommendation documentation.
- Develop and administer Disaster recovery and Incident Response processes and procedures the enterprise.
- Provide Tier 3-4 support for various applications that reside within the infrastructure.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
Possess a current DoDI 8570.01m Certification (CASP, Security+, CCNA Security) Required
NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA Cluster Mode) Preferred
VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) Preferred
ITILv3 Certification Preferred
8-10 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.