Sr Administrator, Systems - TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
7 days left
- Full Time
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Provides operational ground support for mission critical systems.
- Supports a 24x7 operations center working 12-hour shifts with 3.5 days on 3.5 days off.
- Serves as a first level service desk technician who records and identifies issues, attempts a first-call
- Serves as a single point of contact for service requests and incident reports.
- Updates existing incidents and service request records that are active in the service management system.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of various operating system platforms including: UNIX, LINUX and Windows.
- Interacts with Network, Systems Administration, Software, Engineering, Applications and/or Database Development teams to restore service and/or identify and correct system problems.
- Troubleshoots software scripts to enhance productivity.
- Provides technical, operations and training support.
- Performs hardware diagnostics, coordinates repairs and makes recommendations for systems modifications.
- Configures and installs system hardware and software.
- Maintains and updates equipment inventory, documentation and procedures.
- Performs system backups and restores systems from backups.
- Creates and maintains user profiles and accounts.
- Monitors network and system activity and troubleshoots network outages
Schedule 1 Schedule 2
Work - Mon, Tues Off - Mon, Tue
Off - Wed, Thur Work - Wed, Thu
Work - Fri, Sat, Sun Off - Fri, Sat, Sun
Off - Mon, Tue Work - Mon, Tues
Work - Wed, Thu Off - Wed, Thur
Off - Fri, Sat, Sun Work - Fri, Sat, Sun
Days - 6am to 6pm
Mids -- 6pm to 6am (Shift differential)
Rotation between shifts is every two months
Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment: CompTIA Security+CE. In addition must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold or be able to attain a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.