Service Transition-Release Manager (TS-SCI w/ Poly Required)
7 days left
- Full Time
Serves as a top level functional expert, responsible for the integration of all service management practices in the delivery of IT services to customers with the primary objective of delivering reliable, repeatable IT Service at the right service levels. Accountable for the management of Service Level Management (SLM) IT metrics and the development and continual maintenance of an ITSM Service Catalog.
- Collaborate across our customers and organizations (IT, application, security, etc.) focusing on service release and delivery processes.
- Oversee the implementation and operation of the ITSM programs, including the implementation of the ITSM-ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) process and procedure for service transition.
- Review completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Evaluate new application, infrastructure and cloud decisions in existing context of applications, infrastructure, standards, current business strategy and future business strategy.
- Provides guidance, leadership and supervise less-experienced IT staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
- Oversee implementation of the program modernization transition service offerings
- Responsible for the change management, configuration, asset, property and knowledge management processes and including the CMDB and the quality of the data in it.
- Oversee the release and deployment management activities.
- Provide the status accounting and reporting as well as verification and audit for CM.
- Ensure all as built/operational system CI(s) are recorded and routinely updated in the CMDB by the team.
- Establish business processes and procedures to validate configuration changes are tested and verified to assess impact and risk to the operational environment prior to release / implementation of changes.
- Collaborate with industry partners to meet customer objectives and program deliverables.
- Assist with defining and validating architecture principles and standards with regard to Application and Infrastructure architecture standards.
- Work with key business stakeholders and creating governing bodies for data and process owners as needed
- Communicate service transition standards to all stakeholders and ensure standards are published, updated and adhered to.
- Assess and communicate the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits and opportunities of IT solutions.
- Control and maintain IT standards across the program.
- Interact with Project and Change managers to assess that projects meet the IT standards; update as appropriate if a change is required.
- Promote a culture of innovation; continuously seek opportunities for improvement within role, processes, team and the IT organization as a whole.
- Provide solution and alternative recommendations for business cases for new solutions.
- Validate a systems architectural blueprint and design for quality, performance, security, user experience, maintenance, operations, redundancy, compliance, data flows, life cycling, dependencies and integration
- Provide IT input into technical requirements for task orders.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Must possess a TS/SCI polygraph clearance
- 15-20+ years of experience in area of expertise
- Certification in ITIL Foundations required.
- Experience understanding and identifying customer "hot buttons" and developing a plan/approach that addresses each.
- Experience leading and building team consensus and conveying the necessary messages
- Expert knowledge of ITIL-based Enterprise Management service transition principles, methods, and techniques.
- Release / deployment experience in large scale, enterprise-wide systems, providing user facing core IT services such as virtualized cloud architectures, virtual desktop, email, unified communications, or related Enterprise productivity applications.
- Expert knowledge of information technology principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment such as Cisco, VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Active Directory, Unified Communications, ITSM products, etc.
Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#CJPOST #DPOST #AJ