General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking highly motivated technical professionals who are eager to play a major role in IT transformation at government agencies in the aviation and other transportation fields. The Server Administrator supervises a team of engineers and technicians, manages the workforce and ensures all members of the server staff are current in their training while providing excellent customer service.
- Leads a team to assist other administrators in maintaining large LAN systems
- Helps support a Wide-Area Network system using TCP/IP, which includes connectivity to mainframes
- Coordinates and performs installation of workstations
- Provides technical and software support to end users
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and upgrading computer workstations and software
- Ensures security compliance of servers
- Creates shares
- Manages domain services such as Domain Naming Service (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Windows Internet Name Service (WINS), and authentication services such as Kerberos
- Provides technical assistance and training
- Performs evaluations of computer hardware and software
- Serves on integrated teams resolving problems escalated to Tier 2 or 3 support
- Serves as liaison with vendors for new hardware / software purchase
- Assists clients in solving their computer related and networking problems. Provides maintenance and repairs of computers and peripherals. (Most servers are Dell, but there are a few HP servers.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support
- 2+ years of associated leadership experience