General Maintenance II
PenFed is hiring a General Maintenance Worker II in Alexandria, VA . The primary purpose of this job is to perform varied maintenance, carpentry & drywall tasks and assist with the installation of network, data and CAT5 cabling and accessories. Assist the Facilities Project Manager with various project duties, including the installation of Branch build-outs and ATM installs/relocations.
- Assist the Facilities Engineer with preventive maintenance programs for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems to ensure the continuous and efficient use of these systems.
- Perform ongoing preventative maintenance of related systems to ensure the safety of these systems.
- Participate in the installation of building systems to ensure compliance with related regulations and the preventative maintenance programs.
- Responsible for making corporate purchases and maintaining accurate records of expenditures. Must regularly advise the Director of any problems or exceptions needed.
- Responsible for installation of cable needed for special projects.
- Responsible for moving office furniture and equipment.
- Available for emergency coverage for main office, local branches and out of town service centers.
- Meet with fire department and power down building if necessary.
- Coordinate with vendors for special project requirements.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in a related field is required.
- A valid Driver’s License is required.
- This position will not supervisor employees.
- CAT5 (Ethernet) Certification and/or CFC Certification is preferred.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.