4 days left
- Full Time
TRANSPORT TOPICS, the transportation industry’s award-winning weekly newspaper and up-to-the-minute website covering trucking and freight transportation, is seeking an aggressive, innovative, social media savvy Business Reporter with strong writing and reporting skills. If you can cover complicated business-focused stories and quickly turn around crisp, accurate and interesting copy, we have an excellent opportunity for you.
The successful candidate will work from our headquarters in Arlington, Virginia and cover news that affects TT’s audience of owners and managers of trucking companies, as well as industry vendors, service providers, financial analysts, Capitol Hill staff and government regulators.
Core areas of coverage include:
- Quarterly earnings
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Autonomous vehicle technology
- Alternative fuels
- Monthly, quarterly and annual industry reports
- Wall Street analyst reports
- Manufacturing, including truck- and trailer-makers.
- BA/BS degree in Journalism or English plus three or more years of experience reporting and/or writing for a daily or weekly publication required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential;
- Knowledge of trucking/transportation issues and the legislative/regulatory process desirable but not required
- Proven experience with social media and video strongly preferred.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We are located just outside of Washington, D.C., within walking distance of the Ballston Metro station.
Please visit https://us851.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/ata to submit your resume.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. Please no third-party, agency responses, re-postings, calls or walk-ins. Relocation assistance is not provided. The American Trucking Associations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or other protected veteran status.