HCMD_Manager, Billing & Follow-Up_S037
Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining policies and procedures for account follow up and self pay collections. Trains and supervises staff covering financial counseling, self pay collections, insurance follow up and customer service. Coordinates work flow and activity with insurance company representatives, collection agencies and other groups or departments.
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required (if applicable):
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Completion of college degree required.
- A minimum of five years management and leadership experience supervising staff and managing a budget required.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written to train and manage staff, handle difficult account situations and deal effectively with insurance representatives, vendors and patients.
- Extensive experience in collections and medical insurance follow up with the ability to negotiate procedures and settlements in compliance with the applicable regulations.
- Strong PC and computer system skills to analyze and measure department performance and develop operational efficiencies.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.