- Participate in all facets of the daily operations of the Accounting department, ensuring the accurate completion of all section duties within established time parameters and in accordance with all related regulations; policies and procedures; and state and federal laws
- Prepare and develop, implement, and administer the departmental records, systems and procedures; oversees, monitors, and quality controls the data entry.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and administration of financial systems, including, but not limited to PeopleSoft General Ledger, to develop, adjust, and/or enhance systems and procedures as required, due to changes in regulations and accounting policies.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee changes in the section's reports and procedures in order to accommodate changes in GAAP, NCUA, and IRS, State and local authority’s rules and regulations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of section standards, policies and procedures, notifying staff as appropriate changes and overall objectives.
- Assist NCUA Examiners, external and internal Auditors during periodic examinations and audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field is required and/or accounting certifications or direct PeopleSoft General Ledger experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ of experience in accounting and financial reporting is required
- PeopleSoft General Ledger experience preferred.
CPA or CPA candidate preferred
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.