Technical Performance Manager for Hosted System Solutions
Technical Performance Manager for Hosted System Solutions
Office of Planning and Operations
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Grade 3.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Technical Performance Manager for Hosted System Solutions. The Technical Performance Manager for Hosted System Solutions will report to the Director of Vendor Management for Technology Based Services, and whose primary responsibility will be to surveil the technical performance of hosted application solutions; and where necessary and when appropriate, engage vendor solution providers concerning the technical aspect of provided solution performance. Will work alongside UMUC's responsible 3rd party provider for managing UMUC's technology solutions as well as UMUC's PMO on major technology solution implementation project work.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Monitors the operations of UMUC's Hosted System Solution (HSS) components and assesses the cost to value-add outcomes for ongoing solution costs and ad-hoc solution variable cost spend.
- Engages respective vendor teams responsible for system solution problem triage & solutioning, incident management resolution, and critical incident root cause analysis.
- Serve as a liaison between UMUC business groups and technology teams to assess and report system solution performance outcomes.
- Monitors 3rd party implementations, testing and configuration approach and validate that work product deliverables conform to UMUC technical requirements.
- Accounts that vendor service and solution providers complete and deliver technical work products in accordance with agreed-upon timelines and SLAs.
- Ensures hosted solution vendor teams comply with UMUC policies, procedures, standards (requirements templates and methodology);
- Prepares quarterly assessment reports to business teams concerning the effectiveness of a vendor's solution or it's services to deliver required solution outcomes and meet service performance objectives throughout the vendor engagement and solution product lifecycle;
- Validates UMUC disposition of approval in accordance with change management protocols, for changes to the production environment of Hosted System Solutions, including maintenance, updates, modifications, projects, fixes; and to include monitoring & assessing performance outcomes for such changes.
- Monitors and evaluates the quality and effectiveness of vendor implemented solutions and escalate identified issues as appropriate to other UMUC teams and leadership when necessary.
- Monitors the general management of the Hosted Solution Environment(s) to include project status, product priorities, risks, and vendor product/release schedules and implementation status.
- Provides semi-annual solution engagement health reports to business stakeholders and executive leadership on technology performance and known vendor operation effectiveness;
- Perform other technical management duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the technical components and service support nuances of Peoplesoft, Brightspace LMS, Workday, Salesforce, and Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of ITSM principles, practices, and processes
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to collaborate with technology decision makers, and capable of building mutually beneficial relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Is proficient to institutionalize an engagement model with Hosted System Solution stakeholders consistent with other UMUC processes.
- Able to assess the quality of the outcomes of enhancements initiatives to mitigate the risk of the University paying more than once for a service outcome that does not initially meet acceptable quality standards.
- Ability to evaluate the utility and warranty value of Hosted System Solutions
- Capable of identifying value gaps between procured value and desired value from technology solutions
- Ability to adapt to changes in a dynamic work environment.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience evaluating or managing Hosted System Solutions (ERP; LMS; CRM; AWS; PMS) within the higher education arena.
- ITIL Foundation Level Certification
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of: critical thinking, customer service, problem solving, time management, oral and written communications, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and to handle multiple tasks: the ability to use independent judgment and to make informed decisions in a timely fashion; the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization;
- Proven ability and success formulating technical assessments and proposed recommendation;
- Demonstrated success supporting the execution of strategic priorities
- Understanding of student information systems in higher education
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree in relevant discipline/major highly desirable
- Peoplesoft Certified Consultant
- ITIL Intermediate Level Certifications
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.