Global Stakeholder Engagement Project Manager (947-679)
The Global Stakeholder Engagement Project Manager will lead and coordinate the management of stakeholder engagement Working Groups aimed at strategic engagement with communities of stakeholders. He/ She will be responsible for external third party collaboration with organizations to develop and solidify strategic long-term partnerships that contribute to maintaining a consistent and coherent voice as part of USP’s overarching engagement strategies and align on shared goals across USP’s portfolio. He/She will collaborate with other USP’s functions to ensure coordinated engagement with professional societies and groups. As an individual contributor, the incumbent in this role will meet USP’s objectives in order to support collaboration with external stakeholders within a fast-paced, rapidly changing organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, plan and implement strategies and campaigns in close coordination with internal partners.
- Lead areas of tactical implementation; manage operations for tasks related to the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of outreach and engagement programs.
- Establish priorities, analyze and resolve problems, and make recommendations about the activities affecting progress toward strategic goals.
- Develop procedures and methodologies to enhance the effectiveness and quality of work and management controls.
- Assess ongoing operational and communication needs related to outreach efforts; make recommendations to leadership based on outcomes, including written reports and other requested formats.
- Identify new stakeholders who may become recipients of information; track strategies and tools for engagement, and participation as those tools and strategies evolve.
- Plan and coordinate meetings of working groups, associations, stakeholder community forums, and ad hoc groups; advise program staff on needed speakers, materials, etc.; develop, prepare or identify materials for meetings, advisory committees, working groups, and other forums; ensure that they are reflective of management's priorities coordinate their distribution to participants. In coordination with working group members, ensure logistical arrangements for formal activities and events such as teleconferences, workgroup sessions, training sessions, and routine scheduled meetings are in place and in compliance with participants' needs.
- With oversight from Senior Director, manage engagement with some stakeholder organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- At least 8 years of experience of experience with outreach programs, leading working groups, advisory committees or other related areas
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in project management with diverse projects or broad spectrum of clients.
- PMP certification.
- Prior project management experience in a management consulting firm.
- The ability to influence without direct authority.
- Results driven with demonstrated successful outcomes.
- Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to work flexible hours when needed. In addition to normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, serves on a team to provide 24 hour a day, 7 days a week response to emergency alarm calls and can be available on short notice to support requests during unusual hours, especially early or late in the day during the business week.
USP offers an impressive benefits package, including:
- Generous paid time off – 13 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
Being a part of USP means belonging to a diverse culture made up of more than 1,000 talented professionals working together at five international locations. We share our expertise in science, IT, human resources, quality assurance, communications, administrative management, and more...all to support an overall mission dedicated to making a difference by providing standards and programs that help improve the quality of medicines, dietary supplements, and foods worldwide.
USP is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer (EEOE) and affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities.
USP does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies and is not responsible for fees from recruiters or other agencies except under specific written agreement with USP.Job Location Rockville, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular