Quality Assurance Analyst
Do you want to use your Testing and analysis skills to indirectly help conquer cancer and make a difference in the world?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer though research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
- Remain knowledgeable of the core ASCO websites and applications, and is competent in knowledge of the general functionality of each area.
- Develop and design test plans, test scenarios and test cases to include functional tests and regression tests for all ASCO applications and websites.
- Conduct manual and automated testing.
- Conduct test strategy and test plan walkthroughs and trainings.
- Test and evaluate new or modified software changes based on business requirements to ensure quality product of service deliverables.
- Identify and document software errors for problem reporting, analysis and retesting
- Create detailed documentation to describe software errors and deficiencies for analysis and correction.
- Track and communicate all reported problems and defects using the defined departmental process. Support team project deployment decisions and approvals by communicating residual defect risks.
- Work with project team to support the implementation and post-implementation of changes in production.
- Continue to enhance technical and functional knowledge and capabilities to develop a comprehensive understanding of complex systems and processes and most efficient testing approaches.
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related business systems analysis experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of business issues and processes as well as IT resources and enabling technologies.
- Ability to effective manage multiple projects/tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise discretion and use independent judgment
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Familiar with testing tools: JIRA (Bug reporting), HP Quality Center (ALM) a plus
Apply for Quality Assurance Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly