Analyst, Investments (Maternity Cover)
5 days left
Key results expected:
- Perform due diligence and monitoring of investment vendors;
- Prepare presentations, including data-rich charts and graphs;
- Deliver concise and persuasive written analysis and recommendations on assigned projects;
- Conduct research and analysis of environmental, social and governance (ESG) themes and trends;
- Understand and evaluate macroeconomic data and how it impacts the investment portfolios;
- Work collaboratively with Gavi colleagues.
Main duties/ Responsibilities:
- Prepare quarterly performance reviews of investment managers as assigned;
- Initiate due diligence of investment managers meeting Gavi’s strategic or tactical criteria;
- Conduct due diligence of current and prospective investment vendors:
- Prepare due diligence questionnaires, attend onsite meetings, and document findings;
- Review investment vendors’ regulatory reporting (e.g. Form ADVs, fund prospectuses);
- Prepare and analyse quarterly compliance certifications of existing investment managers;
- Monitor domestic and international regulatory developments that may impact Gavi’s investment vendors;
- Negotiate vendor contracts with input from Legal, Procurement and Chief Investment Officer.
- Analyse portfolio holdings with respect to Gavi’s Socially Responsible Investment(SRI) Policy and manage relationship with the SRI screening provider;
- Conduct primary review of monthly and quarterly reports on investment portfolio returns, which may include analysis of individual manager performance, changes to asset allocation, liquidity profile and regional exposure;
- Create insightful exhibits for Gavi senior leadership team, Investment Committee, Board of Directors to illustrate relevant macroeconomic events and investment performance, and explain portfolio management decisions:
- Quarterly presentation for Investment Committee on investment strategy and portfolio review;
- Semi-annually briefing for Board of Directors;
- Conduct ad hoc research related to the global economy, markets, securities, and industries as needed.
Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited university, with preference for finance, economics, or international relations studies. Graduate degree in related field is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience at international non-profit or financial services organizations with bachelor’s degree.
- Well-developed understanding of investment concepts and capital markets;
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving and research skills, with ability to interpret, summarize and effectively present large amounts of data;
- Strong data-visualization skills;
- Completion of CFA Level I exam is preferred;
- Excellent communications skills required, including effective writing skills;
- Ability to think and work independently and to meet tight deadlines;
- Highly proficient in MS Office, with particular strength in PowerPoint and Excel;
- Excellent knowledge of Bloomberg;
- Familiarity with Salesforce helpful;
- A team player, collaborative style, shows initiative, organized, detail-oriented, creative, and innovative;
- Able to work comfortably in a multi-cultural environment;
- Good knowledge of institutional or organizational policies, systems and procedures;
- Good use of tact and discretion;
- Travel requirements: <10%.
- Written and spoken fluency in English. Proficiency in a second language is an asset.
- Gavi Secretariat
- Investment Committee members
- Investment managers and vendors
- Industry groups and organizations
- Investment peers
Gavi is committed to diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
If you wish to apply, please visit our Careers page and apply by clicking on "Analyst, Investments (Maternity Cover)". Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.