Looking for an associate level accounting role at an energetic & passionate company? Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman, a Bethesda, MD CPA Firm is in search of an Accounting Associate to work in our Outsourced Accounting & Advisory Services Department. We perform a wide range of accounting and controllership roles for a variety of clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of general ledger and posting of certain monthly journal entries.
- Monthly reconciliations of cash and investment accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation and maintenance of other asset accounts, including accounts receivable, fixed assets, prepaid expenses and travel advances.
- Monthly reconciliations of all liability accounts, including accounts payable, accrued expenses and deferred revenue.
- Maintenance of temporarily and permanently restricted net asset accounts.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements, including an analytical review of financial trends.
- Process and record monthly cash receipts.
- Process and record monthly cash disbursements.
- Process and record monthly payroll transactions.
- Other accountant duties necessary to properly close the monthly finances.
- 2+ years of accounting experience with a CPA firm or a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA is preferred but not required.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Mas90/Sage100 software is a plus.
- Experience with a wide range of accounting packages such as QuickBooks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and timelines.
- Ability to work independently, use sound judgment and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This is a full time position. Our office is located 2 blocks from the metro. Our benefits include company match 401(k) plan, paid individual medical and a culture that fosters flexibility and career development. For immediate consideration, please send us your cover letter, resume and salary requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!