Digital Press Operator
Job Summary: The Digital Press Operator is responsible for operating and maintaining a digital / web press while sustaining adequate levels of efficiency, ensuring all production needs are met, work is completed on time, and product meets Books International quality standards.
Level 1 or 2 HP Certifications
HP Indigo, T-230 or OCE experience
Pre-trained in HP or OCE Preventative Maintenance
4/c color printing background in Digital or Offset.
- Shift responsibilities include, but are not limited to, make ready jobs, proofing, printing, quality checking, packaging, data entry and preparing for the next incoming job.
- Start machine and make trial runs. Examine product samples for defects.
- Observe machine operations to detect errors. Make adjustments as needed.
- Check product on a continuous basis to ensure quality.
- Measure job dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Produce established levels of production and efficiency, maintaining high levels of quality through careful quality checking procedures and machine maintenance.
- Will work with print engines within the established safety guidelines.
- Perform all machine operations within OSHA safety standards.
- May work with an OCE, HP, other digital / web presses.
- Organize supplies, cut sheet paper, preventative machine maintenance, and clean surrounding work area.
- Participate in department and company meetings.
- Additional company-related duties/functions as required.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Work in an air conditioned manufacturing setting.
- Lift, push, pull, or carry heavy objects, up to 50lbs, without assistance.
- Requires reaching, moving, bending, and twisting on a regular basis.
- Are sometimes exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- High School Diploma / General Education Degree (GED)
- Math skills and knowledge of English and metric units.
- The patience to perform repetitive tasks without sacrificing the attention to small details.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Basic computer / data entry skills.