Member Service Representative
Are you a call center professional who is looking to take the next step in developing your career? Are you an industry newcomer who is looking for a foot in the door in the banking industry? Sparks Group is excited to talk with candidates about our search for Membership Service Representatives. We have partnered with a well established and reputable credit union in our area. We are looking for candidates who have at least a year of call center experience and are looking to grow with a company! As this is a customer service position with a credit union candidates will need to have a clear credit history. If you are someone who is looking for that next step, or someone who would love to get in on the ground floor in a financial industry then this is for you!
- Serves as the primary contact for all potential, new and existing Members and services all share and loan requests
- Interviews, evaluates and underwrites consumer loan applications within loan authority. Evaluates collateral, verifies appropriate documents are present for processing and follows funding procedures
- Performs monetary transactions and account maintenance updates to include check orders, account distributions, stop payments, ATM/Debit card requests, address changes and account ownership maintenance or issues
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the member’s concern; determines the cause of problem; selects and explains the best solution to solve the problem; expedites corrections or adjustment; follows up to ensure resolution
- Delivers high level loan and account service to potential, new, and existing members; assesses financial needs; identifies relationship opportunities and matches appropriate products and services to meet their financial needs and the goals of the credit union. Advises Member of relevant account features and/or restrictions and discloses all pertinent account information required by law
- Performs administrative duties to support an outstanding level of member service, where timeliness, accuracy and follow-through are critical ensuring compliance with all Tower policies and procedures and Federal and State regulatory statues.
- Maintains an awareness of security risks in the areas of member identification, membership eligibility and confidentiality
- Reviews features and benefits for products/services and handles any objections/questions and conducts necessary follow-up or referral to appropriate department or CUSO. Sells products and services through effective use of sales skills and extensive product and service knowledge. Participates in all levels of the sales process including identifying needs, referral, closing, and follow-up. The incumbent must meet prescribed goals in sales and referrals
- Conducts outbound sales calls to members for various credit union initiatives, mainly in the area of automobile and credit card recaptures
- Accesses the Mortgage Teller software program to obtain answers to basic questions for Real Estate Loans
- Assists member with Mortgage questions and when applicable, submits Member Contact request form
- At least 1 year of call center experience is required!
- A clear credit history is mandatory for qualified candidates and a background check will be run to meet position eligibility requirements
- Computer proficiency is absolutely necessary for this position
- Flexibility to work one Saturday a month is needed.
Qualified candidates should send their resume OR call Sparks Group for additional details. Please note resume must include a valid email address in order to be considered.
We look forward to discussing your background, your current job search, and your potential career path with Sparks Group!