Manager, Internal Communications
Key communications position in the Communications & Marketing group working with all internal stakeholders at United Way Worldwide (UWW). This position interacts with all levels (entry level to executive) of UWW’s staff and plays the lead role in building strong internal communications practices and leading internal communications strategy and execution.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Lead Internal Communications Strategy for United Way Worldwide.
- Improve and manage internal communications strategy that reinforces organizational strategy, culture, and aligns with external communications strategy.
- Design and execute annual, quarterly, monthly and ongoing creative and informative initiatives and communications that help educate and align the organization.
- Ability to routinely link communications to broader organizational goals and values.
- Improve Internal Communications Plan, Practices and Processes.
- Serve as the internal communications channel leader to establish and advise on best practices and coordination.
- Establish and/or refine relevant communications tools, templates, processes, guidelines, and calendars.
- Manage digital platforms for internal employee engagement including intranet.
- Work with Staff Council and other internal stakeholders to ensure a consistent employee experience for internal communications.
- Partner with the Culture group to execute regularly scheduled and ad hoc all-hands meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of experience in a similar role.
- Strategic thinker and communicator who is results-oriented and data driven.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication. Corporate communications background and experience a plus.
- Experience managing diverse clients vertically and horizontally in a complex environment.
- Relationship builder and collaborator.
- Expert multi-tasker who skillfully manages competing priorities.
- Expert level user in Microsoft Office including Powerpoint, Word, Excel. Basic graphic design experience a plus.
- Savvy with technology systems and digital platforms. Intranet content management a big plus.