Customer Service Rep
Do you enjoy providing excellent customer service? Is helping the caller resolve their questions regarding their insurance claim; and how their Medicare benefits coordinate with other insurance coverage something you can do? If so, then GDIT is looking for candidates like you.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will respond to questions from customers regarding Coordination of Benefits and Medicare Secondary Payer claims and billing questions. In order to be successful in handling calls from beneficiaries and others, you must have a strong customer service and complaint resolution skill set.
- Provide knowledgeable responses to escalated, high priority, or supervisor calls in a courteous and professional manner.
- Responsible for productivity, quality, and timeliness of work in the completion of program and department tasks and goals.
- Assist with side-by-side mentoring for new employees during and after training as needed.
- Assist in monitoring and analyzing quality of all department work and recommend actions for improvement.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of COB, COB-R, and MSP regulations and policies as they apply to inquiries handled by the call center.
- Assist in information reporting and development as needed.
- Adhere to the Privacy Act and HIPAA laws and regulations as they relate to the confidentiality of information released.
- Receive constructive feedback from supervisors.
- Proofread documents for grammatical and correctness and adherence to standards and formats.
- Frequent internal contacts with Customer Service Managers, Call Center Supervisors, Lead Training Specialist, Operations Representative, other Customer Service Reps, and other contractors and government personnel supporting the program.
- Assume coordination responsibility for department in absence of supervisory staff.
- Assist in the design, development, and writing of BCRC area processing procedures and maintain department records.
- Cross-trained agents (Recovery/Data Collection) may be asked to process BIL emails, which involves following a step by step process to review the request, conduct necessary research and make valid updates to beneficiaries' records.
- May be required to work some GDIT holidays. Overtime may be required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Six months customer service/telemarketing/secretarial experience required.
- Previous experience with medical claims and billing is preferred.
- Must be able to type 20 WPM; 30 WPM preferred.
- Two years of progressively responsible work experience in customer service; medical claims; call center; or a secretarial position is preferred.
- Must have the ability to organize simultaneous tasks for individual assignments and the workflow of others.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks to meet contract standards is rquired.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English effectively; both verbally and in writing; is required. Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with a PC and a Windows environment is required.
- Must have proven ability to work effectively as a team member.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires proper safety and security precautions. To ensure our contact center production area is at minimal risk for unauthorized disclosure (that is, the release or divulgence of information by an entity to persons or organizations outside of that entity) of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Protected Health Information (PHI), the work environment operates under a Secure Floor Policy. The Secure Floor Policy limits or restricts personal belongings, electronic devices, or paper that can be brought into production areas.
Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. Headquartered in Fairfax, Va., with major offices worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, , mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.