Bloomberg BNA provides legal, tax and compliance professionals with critical information, practical guidance and workflow solutions. We leverage leading technology and a global network of experts to deliver a unique combination of news and authoritative analysis, comprehensive research solutions, innovative practice tools, and proprietary business data and analytics. Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader.
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Reporter to Performs general assignment and beat reporting and write in-depth analytical pieces. Research, and write news stories and features for assigned publication(s).
Employees of this classification perform most of the following, as assigned:
- Develop and cover legal/regulatory/industry beat on corporate and transactional issues.
- Develop and maintain sources in the government and private sector, with an emphasis on federal and state court litigation, state legislative developments and industry trends.
- File breaking news quickly and write update stories throughout the day as warranted.
- Originate, propose, and execute multi-sourced enterprise stories, such as profiles and analytical trend pieces.
- Report, research, and write both news stories and features (including scoops, as well as complex and/or analytical pieces).
- Stay abreast of industry and state legislative developments as well as litigation in state and federal courts.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
3 + years’ experience in journalism, including at least one year reporting on subject areas covered by assigned publications; demonstrated ability to report and write news stories and features with minimal editing under deadline; working knowledge of journalism principles and techniques; demonstrated ability to develop and cover a beat, including developing sources, developing story ideas, and conducting interviews; knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc., and to report on them clearly and accurately for deadline; proficiency in Microsoft Word. ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training; excellent proofreading skills. Bachelor’s degree with coursework in English or journalism preferred.
Candidates may be required to pass a test for this position.
Bloomberg BNA is an affiliate of Bloomberg L.P., the global business, financial information and news leader. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA’s authoritative coverage spans the full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
Bloomberg BNA offers a comprehensive benefits package including tuition reimbursement, domestic partner benefits, transportation subsidies, annual and sick leave, parenting leave, 401(k), and much more.
Bloomberg BNA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. Bloomberg BNA has adopted an Affirmative Action Program to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or any other classification protected by law.