Director of Human Resources
ASTRO, the American Society for Radiation Oncology, is looking for a seasoned Human Resources professional to direct the Society’s Human Resources function. In this role, you will provide both strategic oversight for all HR functions as well as planning, development and implementation of policies, practices and programs that are aligned with the organization’s mission and goals and promote an engaging and productive culture for our staff. Functionally, you will focus on recruiting, staff development and training, employee relations and compensation and performance management. In addition, you will provide management coaching and consultation by analyzing issues and challenges and proposing clear, practical solutions. Demonstrated strengths in these focus areas as well as exceptional judgement, diplomacy and problem solving ability will be critical for this role. You will supervise one staff member who is responsible for payroll and benefits administration.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in human resources, psychology or business administration; Master’s degree preferred. SHRM or HRCI certification highly desirable.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience within human resources. Experience managing an HR department strongly preferred.
- Strong background in training and development, employee relations and recruitment preferred.
- Strong analytical, financial, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff in a fast-paced environment; influencing, mediation and facilitation experience helpful.
- In-depth knowledge of employment and labor laws including federal and state.
- Experience with professional development and training for all levels of staff.
- Knowledge of the inner workings of the association environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic oversight and planning.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to show understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern, and politeness to others; relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and different situations; e.g., internal staff, volunteers, physicians, and other external entities.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to organize or schedule people or tasks and develop realistic actions plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
- Must be results oriented with the ability to work at a fast pace, determine priorities, and meet critical deadlines.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills with the ability to solve problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required. Experience with an HRIS system, ADP preferred.
ASTRO offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, majority company paid
- 401K with immediate company contribution
- 23 days of Paid Time Off annually
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Commuter benefits with employer subsidy
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance
- and more
Please see our website www.astro.org for more information about ASTRO.
We are an equal/affirmative action employer.