Senior Specialist ORR Abuse Hotline
- Full Time
The Senior Specialist answers calls for ORR hotline from unaccompanied children (UC) placed in the care of ORR facilities or from sponsors of unaccompanied children (UC) following their release from these sites related to concerns that may fall under the purview of the Prison Rape Elimination Act of 2003 (PREA) including but not limited to reports of sexual abuse; sexual harassment; and additionally grievances. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers and collects information in a courteous and professional manner.
- Utilization of child interviewing techniques for handling of calls when appropriate
- Uses independent judgment and critical thinking to guide calls received regarding the underlying issues to report based on the content shared.
- Review of call information entered into hotline data system for accuracy of call documentation.
- Responsible for productivity; quality; and timeliness of reporting.
- Assist in identifying trends to in order to support development and maintenance of operational procedures.
- Participates in the preparation of project reports as needed
- Attends required program trainings
- Other duties as assigned
- BA Degree (Social Sciences preferred)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) AND Experience interviewing children
- AA/AS with 3 years of relevant/related experience.
- Strong Preferences: Past experience working with children in residential service; or detention settings; Familiarity with ORR UC programs and policies/procedures; direct work with unaccompanied children (UC); immigrant populations is definitely a plus; Cultural competency.