Maintenance Mechanic I, Plumbing Shop
Maintenance Mechanic I, Plumbing Shop - Facilities Management
Tour of Duty: Tuesday thru Saturday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
The Maintenance Mechanic I performs work that is a direct service to the department ensuring a comfortable, safe and clean environment, in which the University community can live, learn and work. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs installations, refurbishing, scheduled maintenance, inspections, and adjustments to a state of the art, coal fired, high pressure, Fluidized Bed Steam Boiler; three gas/oil fired high-pressure steam boilers, two steam driven three thousand-ton chillers, four electric driven chillers, an emergency generator, turbines, and coal and ash handling equipment, a thermal storage system, cooling towers, and auxiliary equipment.
- Replaces old equipment when directed with new equipment when repair is no longer feasible.
- Performs other duties as required to maintain a safe and reliable plant operation and assists other crafts as needed.
- High school diploma or certified equivalency
- 4 years of related experience in the maintenance, rebuilding, and repairing of mechanical equipment - or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Understanding of basic electrical, piping, and machining principles and practices
- Ability to diagnose a system problem versus a component problem
- Availability and willingness to accommodate emergency situations including snow removal
The Maintenance Mechanic I is an emergency position that requires that incumbent report to work during inclement weather at the regularly scheduled time, regardless of whether the University is closed, opening late, or closing early.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.