Cyber Security Analyst w/ Polygraph
1 day left
- Full Time
Responsible for analyzing all relevant cyber security event data and other data sources for attack indicators and potential security breaches; produce reports, assist in coordination during incidents; and coordinate with the O&M team to maintain all security monitoring systems on-line, up to date, and fully operational.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10-15 years of related experience in cyber security analysis, incident response, or related experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Hewlett-Packard's ARCSIGHT SIEM
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience with an industry leading Endpoint Detection and Response Tools such as but not limited to Carbon Black, EnCase Cybersecurity, or Tanium
- Experience with Intrusion Prevention Systems such as McAfee NetworkSecurity Manager, Sourcefire SNORT, or Palo Alto Wildfire
- Experience with a case management tool such as JIRA or ServiceNow
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.