Senior Network Engineer - TS/SCI Required
3 days left
- Full Time
Senior Network Engineer
TS/SCI Clearance Required
Ft. Gordon, GA
Plan, coordinate and manage engineering projects. Provide comprehensive definition of all aspects of network system development from analysis of mission needs to verification of network system performance. A senior network system engineer could support operations as needed. Ensures efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes. Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects. The Senior Network Engineer shall perform the following duties:
* Evaluates new network technologies and makes recommendations to project managers regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network.
* Plans new configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance.
* Perform enterprise network configuration and maintenance as it relates to Cisco, Brocade, etc network components, network encryption devices, and computer workstations.
* Configure, troubleshoot, and design Brocade and Cisco routers (or other vendor) and multi-layer switches.
* Support the program's senior leadership personnel and manage small projects from inception to completion including technical assessments, planning, integration, testing, and implementation.
* Diagnose network failures that results in unavailable services personnel and to take appropriate steps to repair or restore services.
* Create Layer 2/Layer 3 Provisioning and Configuration Control Board Documentation.
* Perform integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN).
* Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems.
* Manage daily operations and assist with all matters related to local and wide area networks within span of control.
* Provide diagnostic support using network analysis tools.
* Provide fault isolation and incident resolution support for networks.
* Provide technical support in the configuration, optimization, troubleshooting, and maintenance of routers, switches, and overall network and long haul communication circuit support.
* Design, document, and provide technical solutions to customers for classified and unclassified networks.
* Specific experience with configuration and management of Brocade and Cisco Routers and Switches, TACLANE and encryption devices, and Cisco Firewalls.
* Advanced understanding of networking systems and TCP/IP to include experience in IP Addressing and Subnetting; Network Address Translations; MTU; QoS.
* A strong knowledge of Multicast, Virtual LAN's and Trunking (VLAN's)
* Advanced troubleshooting of performance problems and network failures in complex networked environments including multicast, voice and vdi applications.
* In depth trouble shooting and configuration of complex data center switching and routing environments
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
* CCNA required, CCNP preferred
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.