Youth Programs Speclialist
2 days left
- Full Time
The American Dairy Association North East (ADANE) is the consolidated north east affiliate of the National Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association. ADANE is the regional consolidation of three promotion organizations, the American Dairy Association and Dairy Council, Inc, Mid-Atlantic Dairy Association and Pennsylvania Dairy Promotion Program. It is supported by more than 12,000 dairy farmers in the north-east region through the dairy checkoff programs. ADANE is responsible for promoting dairy and its nutritional benefits to 50 million consumers within the region which includes Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and four counties in northern Virginia.
The Youth Programs Specialist provides consultative services, execute programs and actions that increase milk and dairy sales in schools throughout the American Dairy Association North East market area. This position promotes and implement core programs that support the overall mission, goals and objectives of ADANE. Working closely with the Coordinator of Youth Engagement, the Youth Programs Specialist helps to ensure strategic alignment of child nutrition & fitness initiatives.
- Deliver relevant and timely information and services to schools via a range of communication vehicles i.e. presentations, conferences, webinars, mailings, etc. to increase awareness and implementation of ADANE's core dairy optimization school programs. Participate in marketing functions by attending and staffing tradeshows and educational events, committees and providing public speaking presentations to promote ADANE’s products and services.
- Maintain professional growth and development by participating in child nutrition program training opportunities, professional consultative sales training, strategic and creative thinking, staff meetings, professional certifications, credentialing and more to effectively serve client needs.
- On-going collaboration with ADANE Coordinator of Youth Engagement to ensure strategic alignment of child nutrition & fitness initiatives i.e. Fuel Up to Play 60 with current goals within target accounts. Follow up on related events and activities including data collection, grant review and approval.
- Provide support for fundraising to continue/expand FUTP60 and other youth programs.
The position will be based within the American Dairy Association North East service territory. Benefits include health insurance and 401(k).
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition/Dietetics or related field is required.
- LDN, CDN or RD license preferred.
- Child Nutrition Program knowledge with sales and marketing preferred.
- Three to five years related experience with child nutrition programs.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Constant day travel is required.
- Weekend and overnight work as required to cover events.
- Frequent local, regional, multi-state and national traveling is required.
Skills and Abilities
- Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities.
- Ability to accurately present information to clients and effectively respond to questions.
- Ability to design, develop, implement and evaluate programs.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to develop and deliver effective oral and written presentations.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate media activities and promotional events.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Skill in organizing, establishing priorities.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Please email your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to: JobYPC@milk4u.org
Visit us at www.dairyspot.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Youth Programs Speclialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly