Economic Development Specialist
6 days left
- Full Time
The City of Takoma Park seeks an Economic Development Specialist to assist in the initial implementation of its Housing and Economic Development Strategic Plan and the development and implementation of a new Business Retention and Expansion initiative. This is a twelve month position working approximately 40 hours per week and may be extended for an additional twelve month period as funding permits. The hiring range is $49,600 to $60,500 and is commensurate upon experience. This position is not subject to membership in the AFSCME union.
Duties and Essential Functions
- Assist in the development and implementation of city-wide Business Retention and Expansion program
- Development and implementation of survey tools; analysis and presentation of results
- Coordination of site visits; conducting one-on-one interviews with business and commercial property owners; documentation of interview results
- Data collection; data analysis; development and maintenance of data bases
- Report preparation including maps, illustrations, charts and tables
- Development, writing, design, production and distribution of informational materials
- Assist in the implementation of the economic development recommendations of the Strategic Plan
- Other tasks as assigned
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in in Planning, Economic Development, Business or Public Administration, Research, Analytics, or other relevant field
- Knowledge of economic development principles, practices, and techniques
- Knowledge of research and analysis methods and techniques
- Strong writing, digital communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with GIS mapping and Microsoft Office. Adobe CS a plus.
- Foreign language skills are a plus but not required (especially Spanish, French, Amharic)
Please include the following with your submission. Upload under "Documents." Submissions that do not include these documents will not be considered. Additional documents (design portfolio, map products, etc.) may also be submitted.
- Two page writing sample (may include excerpts written in different styles)
***PLEASE NOTE: ONLY OFFICIAL APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE: takomaparkmd.gov and click on Careers.
Apply for Economic Development Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly