Emergency Registration Rep II (Every Sat, Sun: 12:30p - 11p)
- Part Time
Responsible for obtaining and verifying demographic and financial information for all inpatients and outpatients prior to or during the registration process. Patient Registration Representative I's will minimize the financial risk of providing services by assessing the patient's financial status, verifying and entering accurate patient information into the HBOC (Clinstar) system, obtaining signatures on all required hospital and regulatory forms and obtaining applicable patient payments prior to or at the time services are provided. Excellent customer service skills are utilized in all dealings with patients, family members, physician offices, third party payers and co-workers. Financial/insurance information is communicated to case management and financial counseling staff when appropriate. Completes all managed care notification requirements. Maintains patient confidentiality and adheres to the hospital's privacy and security policies at all times. May be required to enter lab and radiology orders when necessary. Other duties are as assigned. This position is the first in a series of three relating to patient registration and bed management. Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Required (if applicable):
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written form. Fluency in both English and Spanish preferred.
- One-year experience in a hospital and/or other health care setting preferred. Related college level courses may be considered in lieu of experience in a hospital and/or other health care setting.
- Registration, billing, cash collections and/or third party/insurance payers and medical terminology preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) or equivalent preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computers. Specifically, Microsoft products and email.
- Typing skills of 45 wpm or higher required.
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills.
- Excellent telephone customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Self-directed and ability to prioritize work in a stressful environment.
- Ability and willingness to transport patients by wheelchair.
- Ability to meet patient age-specific needs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Acuity: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Environmental Conditions: None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
Reports to Supervisor or designee in Patient Registration Department.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.