General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking highly motivated technical professionals who are eager to play a major role in IT transformation at government agencies in the aviation and other transportation fields. The Network Administrator leads a team to maintain, operate, and plan for changes to networks. Through the team, responsible for switch patching, network performance and trends, wireless access, security compliance and monitoring, and overall performance.
- Architects, configures, and implements hardware required to operate local area networks/wide area networks (LANs/WANs) in coordination with the facility operations staffs.
- Serves on integrated teams resolving problems escalated to Tier 2 or 3 support.
- Plans, designs, and manages the lifecycle of network technologies.
- Provides network guidance to facilities that are new, moving or renovating and coordinates the installation of new network circuits.
- Setting network standards
- Validating proposed network changes
- Performing network assessments and providing results in reports
- Testing new technologies
- Designing network solutions
- Documenting network solutions
- Plannint and implementing network solutions including supporting facility network cabling, conducting surveys and modifications using network standards and configuration change management processes.
- Supervises a team of engineers and technicians. Manages the workforce and ensures all of the staff are current in their training while providing excellent customer service
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- CCNA or other certifications preferred