Active Directory Administrator
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking highly motivated technical professionals who are eager to play a major role in IT transformation at government agencies in the aviation and other transportation fields. The Active Directory Administrator leads a team to authenticate and organize user accounts and services on the network. The team designates and enforces access rights across the network and tracks updates to individual and group directory accounts. It establishes policies and standards for individual and group objects and updates directory services based on patches and security needs. The team is organized into an Enterprise Administration Team and an Account Management Section. Through the team, the AD Administrator is responsible for providing the following Directory Services Support:
- Managing, installing and maintaining enterprise solutions for individual and group directory accounts;
- Managing, maintaining and monitoring the infrastructure that supports user authentication;
- Creating and modifying scripts used to manage individual and group accounts;
- Integrating computers, tablets, mobile devices, and smartphones into an enterprise user and computer authentication system;
- Serving on integrated teams resolving problems escalated to Tier 2 or 3 support
- Integrating and managing user authentication using various public key infrastructure (PKI) mechanisms; and,
- Administering a Microsoft Windows 2012 r2 active directory domain using standard Microsoft snap-ins such as Active Directory Users and Computers, Domains and Trusts, Sites and Services, and others as necessary.
- Creating objects in active directory
- Managing share permissions
- Delegating active directory object permissions (e.g., users, groups)
- Managing groups and permissions
- Managing domain services such as Domain Naming Services (DNS)
- Creating and managing group policies
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 2+ years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- CCNA preferred