- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Sets up administrator and service accounts.
- Maintains system documentation
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Oversees implementation of testing strategies and documentation of results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Familiar with a broad spectrum of technical disciplines which may include networking, system administration (Linux/Unix/Windows), Storage area Networks and Information Security.
- General systems monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting skills for servers and network devices.
- Correlates service impacts to enterprise managed systems and services.
- Provide insight to customer with regards to mapping of mission and service functions to an asset or configuration item.
- Possess and demonstrate strong customer service skills; including conflict resolutions and customer interactive listening skills.
- Must demonstrate team work, collaboration, adaptability, organization, self-motivation and flexibility.
Certifications:ITIL Foundations v.3 ITIL Service Operations Intermediate 8570 (Security+) Must possess current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE OR CCNA-Security certification. Security+ CE Certification preferred. In addition, must attain the required ITIL Foundation v.3 and ITIL Service Operation Intermediate Certification within sixty (60) days of Hire Date. Requires successful completion of poly. #DPOST#CJPOST#ZRpost
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.