Child and Youth Program Assistant (CY-1702-01/2)
America's Logistics Combat Support Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
This position is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) Child and Youth Program Assistant position with DLA Installation Operations at the HQ Complex CDC, Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
This is an Open Continuous/Standing Register job opportunity announcement. This announcement will be used to fill vacancies as they become available. The first cut-off date will be 30 August 2017. All qualified applicants who will submit their application packet by this date will be referred first to the Selecting Official. After 30 August 2017, applicants will be referred according to the date the application packet has been received. The closing date of this job opportunity announcement is 09/29/2017.
The vacancies may be used to fill positions which have a work schedule of Regular full-time, Regular part-time or Flexible. Please see below for a description of each work schedule. In the occupational questionnaire, you will be asked to identify which work schedules you would like to be considered. You may select more than one work schedule; however, your name will be only be referred to the selecting office if the vacancy's work schedule matches your requested work schedule.
Regular full-time (RFT) position guarantee 40 hours per week. RFT employees are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package, including the accrual of annual and sick leave, health benefits, life insurance, etc. Please see the benefits section of this announcement for more information.
Regular part-time (RPT) position guarantees at least 20, but no more than 39 hours per week. RFT employees are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package, including the accrual of annual and sick leave, health benefits, life insurance, etc. Please see the benefits section of this announcement for more information.
Flexible positions do not guarantee hours and me be scheduled on an as needed basis. Flexible employees are not entitled to leave accrual or benefits.
Bargaining Unit Status: This is a non-bargaining unit position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Position-specific Conditions of Employment
1. All required background checks of AR 215-3, Chapter 2, paragraph 2-13:
- Obtain and maintain Childcare National Agency Check with Inquires, which includes State Criminal Repository Checks (reverified every five years);
- Installation Records Checks (reverified every five years);
3. Physical evaluation, including immunizations (annual requirement); AND
4. Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
General Conditions of Employment
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The Defense Logistics Agency is an E-Verify Participant.
3. You will be required to show Social Security card upon appointment to a NAF position.
4. Incumbent must be available and flexible to work the hours anywhere from 5:45 am until 5:45 pm. This position requires a combination of experience listed here and education, listed in the education section below.
Entry Level -2
To qualify at the Entry Level-2, the incumbent must:
- Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal);
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment; AND
- Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
To qualify at the Skill Level -3, the incumbent must:
- Meet Entry-level requirements; AND
- Possess three (3) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth.
To qualify at the Target Level -4, the incumbent must:
- Meet entry-level requirements;
- Meet skill-level requirements; AND
- Possess twelve (12) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth.
In addition to the above experience, this position has an education requirement.
Entry Level -2
- Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate (must submit supporting documentation with application unless you are able to meet the education requirement under Skill Level -3 or Target Level-4).
- Meet Entry Level -2 education requirements; AND
- Completion of Army Entry Level Training Certificate (Air Force/Navy equivalent); OR
- One year of education above high school level which included nine (9) semester hours of college credit in early childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology, human development, youth program administration, recreation or related behavioral sciences; or
- One (1) year vocational certificate in childcare.
- NOTE: MUST provide supporting documentation at time of application.
- Meet Entry Level -2 education requirement; AND
- Completion of Army Foundation Level Training Certificate (Air Force/Navy equivalent);
- Two (2) years of education above the High School level, which includes twelve (12) semester hours of college credit in early childhood/elementary/secondary/special education, child/youth development, psychology, human development, youth program administration or related behavioral sciences.
- NOTE: MUST provide supporting documentation at time of application.
180-day Restriction for Military Retirees: Military retirees are unable to be appointed to NAF positions for 180 days after their retirement date, as documented on their DD-214. Military retirees who, by 09/29/2017, have been retired from the military for more than 150 days may apply; however, they will not be appointed until they have reached the 180 day mark. Waivers will not be granted for Child and Youth Program Assistant positions.
The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants (civilian) will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants.
The Department of Defense provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
The Defense Logistics Agency Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentality is an equal opportunity employer.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Application packages will be evaluated to determine if the applicant demonstrated in his/her resume the required experience and submitted the required supporting educational supporting documentation.
Applicants will be qualified at the highest Level (Entry, Skill, or Target) based on the experience documented in their resume and the education requirements supported by the submitted documentation. If an applicant fails to provide the required educational supporting documents at time of application, he/she will be rated, referred to the selecting official, and, if selected, hired at Entry Level-2. Any changes to Levels based on supporting documentation provided outside of the application process will be initiated after the entrance on duty date and effective the beginning of the pay period after received in the NAF HR Office.
Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualifications determinations within 30 days of 09/29/2017.
Credit may be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.