Manager of Digital Fundraising
MANAGER OF DIGITAL FUNDRAISING
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Manager of Digital Fundraising is responsible for managing activities related to digital fundraising efforts for the Annual Giving program. S/he will collaborate with the Brand and Communications team and external consultant team to execute acquisition, fundraising and stewardship strategies on the website, email and other digital channels. This position monitors and reports on data and trends as they relate to subscriber list size and activity to inform strategy and achieve annual goals. The Manager of Digital Fundraising plays a critical role in the creation of impactful fundraising campaigns. It is important that this position stays abreast of best practices in the field to bring current trends, technologies and ideas to CI to help achieve fundraising and engagement goals.
- Create and deploy all email communications
- Update/create/monitor Luminate Online webpages (sign-up, pledge, donations) and templates. Determine ways to best optimize them.
- Make recommendations for and execute testing for email campaigns, donation pages and segmentation.
- Support external acquisition agency in the setup and execution of paid ad campaigns.
- Ensure data is being source coded/tracked accurately through Luminate Online.
- Responsible for quality assurance to ensure messages and landing pages are accurate and function across devices, operating systems, browsers and email clients.
- Manage third party online fundraising platforms, Crowdrise and everydayhero.
- Work closely with the Brand and Communications team to ensure fundraising and community building activities are streamlined. Provide input, particularly as it relates to donor interests.
- Work with external consultant team to optimize email and donation forms.
- Provide insights into digital fundraising efforts and identify areas of success and places for improvement. Be prepared to present results of email campaigns and other digital fundraising efforts.
- Execute and distribute regular reporting and analysis on Annual Giving level fundraising and engagement including monthly database queries and reports from Luminate Online.
- Stay up to date on latest trends, technologies and best practices in the field and participate in trainings and professional development when available. Determine ways CI can utilize new concepts or products to better achieve community engagement and fundraising goals. Serve as subject matter expert on topics related to digital fundraising and metrics.
- Organize campaigns, groups and reports in Luminate Online with standardized formats to allow for accurate reporting and ease of use.
- Work with the Director of Donor Relations to ensure accuracy of all donor records in Luminate Online.
- Maintain procedures and policies related to Luminate Online database hygiene and use, emails and donations forms.
- Typical CI office environment.
- Minimal travel, if any.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years digital marketing experience with a track record of supporting digital and traditional campaigns such as email and paid search.
- Strong understanding of the Luminate Online platform or similar software.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills – comfortable working across teams.
- Solid analytic skills.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge.
- Google Analytics UTM tracking.
- Mobile responsive HTML coding.
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to email@example.com and include "accommodation" in the subject line.