1 day left
- Full Time
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Maintains system documentation. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor's recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and maintain allocation related to the use of computing resources. May program in an administrative language. Develops and implements technical results. Provides advice and training to end users. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experience staff and members.
Additional job responsibilities:
1. Troubleshooting and maintain SCCM servers on a daily basis
2. Patch Management re-mediated through SCCM to include IAVM applications and reporting
3. Software Validation through SCM
4. Managing and maintain the backup servers to include disaster recover implementation
5. Installation of server, desktop and workstation operating system and applications
6. Creating and managing group policies
7. Troubleshooting Server issues and planning AND IMPLEMENTING RECOVERY
8. Active Directory management such as container, group and user management
9. IP Management, configuration and troubleshooting including DHCP and static assignment
10. Understanding of server and application virtualization
11. Review, prepare, and update AIS accreditation packages
12. Notify customer when changes occur that might affect AIS accreditation/certification
13. Coordinates, prepare, and track AIS Inspections, reports, and responses
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Must have a Microsoft Server 2012 certification on day one (70-410, 70-411, or 70-412) and within 180 days must complete the Server 2012 series.
Candidate must be willing to submit to Counterintelligence Polygraph upon customer's request.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.