7 days left
- Full Time
The National Recreation & Park Association (NRPA) is currently seeking a Development Manager in our Partnership & Business Development department.
This position's primary responsibility is to increase and diversify the existing revenue of NRPA by identifying, qualifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gifts from corporate and foundation donors to support NRPA’s health & wellness initiatives. NRPA is improving the health of communities through parks and recreation by increasing access to physical activity opportunities and improving access to healthy foods.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Deliver on revenue goals by identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major corporate and foundation donors to support NRPA’s health and wellness initiatives.
- Represent NRPA through direct outreach, in pitch meetings, at cultivation events and on industry panels.
- Draft proposals and concepts papers to corporations, foundations and federal grants to secure funding for NRPA Health & Wellness initiatives.
- Collaboratively maximize the value of each donor relationship, working cross-departmentally to market engagement opportunities, develop print and web-based materials and tell meaningful stories that highlight the power of local parks.
- Regularly inform the budget and planning process, reporting moves management, forecasting to revenue goals and tracking expense budget.
- Undertake special projects and assignments as directed.
DISCOVER the BENEFITS at NRPA!
NRPA boasts a warm professional environment, with a relaxing and peaceful view of nature at its finest! All staff receives access to indoor & outdoor eating areas, as well as indoor & outdoor fitness opportunities. Our facility has a brand new air-conditioned fitness room with access to showers, as well as foot trails for the outdoor enthusiast. Part time staffs at NRPA are eligible for a partial benefit package that includes a prorated portion of paid Vacation/Sick/Personal/Holidays and More! Full time staff enjoy a very rich benefit package that includes 403(b) matched at 6% and fully vested upon hire, group Health, Dental, and Vision for employee and family paid 80+% by the employer; Life insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability paid 100% by the employer; accrue 26 Paid days off per year plus 13 paid holidays, eligibility in the first month of employment, Length of Service Awards and much, much more! NRPA is committed to promoting an environment of work-life balance. To promote healthy lifestyles, at work and away, we have established programs like Teleworking, FlexTime Schedules, 37.5 hour work-week, Employee Assistance Programs, Educational Assistance Programs, Lunch-and-Learn sessions and more.
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 range. Salary requirements and salary history are required with submission.
All applications must be received through the online system in order to be considered for the position. If you are being referred by a current NRPA employee, please be sure to add their name in the "Notes" section.
NRPA is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY employer with a COMMITMENT to DIVERSITY. Women and ethnic minorities ENCOURAGED to apply.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Superior presentation, interpersonal; verbal and written communication skills.
- Five year track record in the strategic pursuit of new corporate or foundation relationships;
- Excellent writing skills with a focus towards drafting proposals and concept papers to corporations, foundations and the federal government;
- Account Retention: track record demonstrating effective expansion, scaling and upselling of corporate partnerships, once secured, to sustain and increase revenue and impact from a single donor year over year.
Candidate Work Style
- Excels in dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Self-directed and detail-oriented with a collaborative and professional team spirit to contribute to a collegial, team-oriented environment.
- Willing to travel