Special Projects Coordinator
Development Services Group, Inc. (DSG) is seeking a full time special projects coordinator to support a range of projects across the organization. Primarily, this individual will help support DSG’s Training and Technical Assistance (T&TA) Division with the Youth Violence Prevention (YVP) Coordinated T&TA contract from the U.S Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP). The candidate will provide a wide range of services to DSG’s team of national experts in youth violence prevention, and assist in coordinating broad-based T&TA for the 45 grantee sites of OJJDP’s YVP Portfolio.
The successful candidate must be highly organized, self-starter, detail oriented, and adept at managing multiple projects. We are seeking an authentic, friendly, outgoing, self-motivated person that can adapt to the needs of a dynamic, fast paced environment. The special projects coordinator is expected to anticipate and respond to a wide range of logistical and operational duties related to the management of the grant(s).
Duties include the following:
- Managing the project’s social media strategy and analytics
- Designing and developing written and digital content for the project’s online newsletter publication
- Leading business development prospecting, including researching funding opportunities and proposal writing
- Participating in strategy development meetings for the initiative
- Assisting in preparing monthly, semiannual, and annual reports
- Coordinating or performing other special projects as requested, including facilitating conference calls with representatives of federal agencies and grantee sites as needed
- Supporting the Project Director and Deputy Project Director on an as-needed basis
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (political science, criminal justice, marketing, business, etc.) and at least 2 years of experience supporting complex projects. Candidates must have a strong background in social media campaigns and experience in web analytics to increase visibility and traffic to our project’s online publication (using Google Analytics or a similar platform). Candidates must have excellent written/oral communication skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience in Prezi or other presentation platforms is highly encouraged. Candidates must sit onsite in our Bethesda, MD office. Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter.