SR. PROGRAM ATTORNEY
4 days left
- Full Time
SR. PROGRAM ATTORNEY
The District of Columbia Bar has a new opening for a Sr. Program Attorney (SPA) in the Communities Office in the Programs Division. The SPA assists with advising Communities on the development of program content, including developing and reviewing program handouts, course materials and detailed descriptions. This position will also assist in designing individual Continuing Legal Education (CLE) classes (for making recommendations to D.C. Bar CLE Committee approval), recruiting faculty and developing and reviewing program handouts. The SPA reports to the Director, Communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinates with Communities volunteer leaders, program planners and speakers to recruit, support and facilitate the development of program content and descriptions for publication and release.
2. Creates, maintains and manages an overall Communities’ curriculum calendar, as well as calendars for the 20 individual Communities for the programming year.
3. Coordinates the development and publication of program materials, assists speakers with program materials by conducting internet research and acquires any relevant copyright permissions.
4. Identifies program proposals for non-CLE Communities programming. Coordinates with CLE for adapting and/or for CLE courses if adaptable and qualified under specified accreditation standards.
5. Serves as a staff liaison to the Communities Committee that makes recommendations to the strengthen Communities program content, increasing program options as well as enhancing and monitoring the quality of programs across all 20 Communities.
6. Adapts material presented to CLE for consideration into Communities programming when content appropriate.
7. Serves as a liaison to outside organizations and individuals who submit program proposals for Communities co-sponsorships and/or for approval by the CLE Committee.
8. Coordinates the CLE Committee process for review of Communties requests to cosponsor CLE events with non-Bar entities.
9. Assists with recruiting and supporting of faculty volunteers.
10. Works with Communities’ and CLE leaders to identify and develop topics for CLE classes cosponsored with Communities.
11. Assists in identifying, reviewing and recommending educational programs for presentation at the D.C. Judicial and Bar Conference.
12. Attends Communities and CLE programs to develop supplemental course content as well as to evaluate effectiveness of Communities programming.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. JD from an ABA accredited law school with a minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
2. An active member of the D.C. Bar or eligible to become an active D.C. Bar member. A successful candidate who is not an active member of the D.C. Bar must apply for admission to the Bar within two months of beginning employment with the Bar.
3. Must be proficient in database management and MS Office applications.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal and customer service, strong analytical and problem solving skills. Must be deadline driven and detail oriented.
6. Must work well in a team environment and able to interact well with Bar members, volunteers, vendors, the public and Bar employees.
7. Ability to work well with minimum supervision and adapt to changing priorities.
8. Ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
Under the Bar’s compensation structure, this position is in the Education Job Family and at the Sr. Specialist Level. This is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on the Bar’s needs.
The District of Columbia Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.