Senior Program Officer, Food Integrity Campaign
GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABILITY PROJECT
FOOD INTEGRITY CAMPAIGN SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER ANNOUNCEMENT
The Government Accountability Project (GAP), founded in 1977, is the nation's oldest and leading whistleblower protection and advocacy group. GAP is a not-for-profit, human and civil rights organization dedicated to promoting accountability and transparency within government agencies, corporations, and international organizations, by advancing protections for employees who "blow the whistle" on unsafe, corrupt, wasteful, abusive or unlawful conduct. GAP's activities include policy advocacy, litigation, legislative outreach, education, media campaigns and coalition building. Current areas of emphasis include corporate and financial accountability, food safety and integrity, national security, public health, climate science integrity, environmental enforcement, and reform of international NGOs (the United Nations and multilateral development banks).
Since its inception, GAP’s litigation efforts have shaped both public interest and legislative agendas, and created opportunities for lawmakers to strengthen and clarify the free-speech rights of courageous employees across a broad spectrum of industries.
Food Integrity Campaign Senior Program Officer
The mission and long-term objective of the GAP Food Integrity Campaign (FIC) is to enhance overall food integrity by facilitating transparency initiatives and free speech protections. FIC accomplishes this mission by strategically working to alter the relationship of power between the food industry and consumers; protecting the rights of those who speak out against the practices that compromise food integrity; and empowering industry whistleblowers and citizen activists.
- Represent FIC program agenda to stakeholders including but not limited to Congress, federal agencies, media, and civil society.
- Assist in investigations of violations of criminal and civil law, regulatory regimes and corporate policies related to whistleblower disclosures.
- Collaborate on legislative initiatives concerning protection of Food Integrity Campaign whistleblowers.
- Draft Op-Eds, Internet blogs, articles and educational materials
- Research and track federal and state legislation.
- Participate in coalitions of public advocacy groups and good-government organizations.
- Develop and maintain contacts with food integrity experts and partners.
- Keep current with developments in the fields of whistleblowing and food systems.
- Master’s degree or post graduate level university degree, or a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- A passion for and subject matter expertise in food systems, environment, and/or worker rights.
- Quality writing and communications skills
- Ability to synthesize information and oversee and coordinate projects
- Team player. Excellent interpersonal skills.
Commensurate with experience and comparable to similarly sized public interest organizations. GAP also offers a generous benefits package.
The Government Accountability Project is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages minorities and women to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume by October 31, 2017 (include in the subject line "FIC Senior Program Officer Position”) to: Amanda Hitt at AmandaH@whistleblower.org