Sr IT Systems Analyst - Active Full Scope Polygraph Required
- Full Time
The Electronics Technician has experience in the testing, troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment. Must be proficient in the use of test equipment including analyzers (signal, network, noise, modulation, power and audio), oscilloscopes, meters, generators (signal, vector), and power supplies in the testing of electronic devices. Experience is preferred in working with Engineering personnel and field personnel. Maintaining detailed test records and test procedures for equipment is essential.
1. Demonstrates hands on ability to configure and operate electronic test equipment and electronic devices.
2. Knowledgeable of commercial test equipment from Agilent, Keysight, HP, Tektronix and National Instruments including power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, counters, power meters, and signal & waveform generators, electronic loads and audio, noise, signal, modulation, and power analyzers.
3. Troubleshoots equipment problems and provides technical solutions to test and inspect issues.
4. At least two years experience with tests including, but not limited to, Voltage Standing Wave Radio (VSWR), Effective Isotropic Radiated Power (EIRP), Signal to Noise + Distortion (SINAD), sensitivity and power consumption.
5. Establishes and updates procedures and documentation related to the test and inpsection of electrical devices.
6. Communicates regularly with Customer management, Requirements officers, T&I officers and the contract PM on the status of testing being performed.
7. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
8. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
9. Writes or updates software specifications.
10. Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
11. Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
12. Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
13. Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
14. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
15. Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
16. Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
17. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts.
18. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
19. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communications, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills including willingness and ability to document and share information.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and as an individual contributor.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- ISCET Journeyman certification in Industrial, Communications, and Computer Technology or equivalent preferred.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.