Associate Director of Survivor and Caregiver Programs
Today is your opportunity to join an innovative, cutting edge and highly effective non-profit organization tackling one of the most critical public health issues of our time—lung cancer. Lung Cancer Alliance is focused solely on saving lives and when you join the team you will help us do just that, each and every day.
Led by a team of passionate, driven professionals, Lung Cancer Alliance takes a strategic and scientific approach to turn those diagnosed into survivors and ensure those at risk receive the benefit of screening. Take this opportunity to join the team and the movement that will flip the survival rate for the leading cause of cancer death on its head.
Looking for candidates excited about empowering those impacted by lung cancer in the US with the best support and information possible at any step along the cancer journey. The Associate Director of Survivor and Caregiver Programs will manage and develop education and support programs for patients, survivors and their loved ones as they go through the cancer continuum. The current portfolio includes a range of programs including a toll-free HelpLine, a Phone Buddy peer-to-peer mentoring program and LungMatch, an initiative linking patients to appropriate molecular testing and clinical trials, personalized for each patient with lung cancer. As such, this person should bring strength to both the psychosocial support and the clinical part of the portfolio. This position offers tremendous opportunities for growth and innovation.
- Provide direct service information and referral to callers to the HelpLine and maintain up-to-date information and referral resources
- Assess patient and caregiver needs and create data-responsive programs to address identified gaps
- Recruit, train and oversee HelpLine staff
- Maintain program statistics and use them to evaluate program status
- Participate in patient recruitment and navigation to appropriate clinical trials
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of relevant program pages of website
- Maintains knowledge of rapidly evolving lung cancer treatment and clinical trial options
- Assists with development of patient educational materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to LCA’s mission and vision
- Minimum of five years professional experience in oncology care setting
- Strong preference for oncology nurse or oncology social worker
- Ability to learn and understand medical/scientific concepts and terminology is critical
- Excellent computer skills; preference for candidate with experience using CRM and/or call center software
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent ability to listen and provide feedback
- Ability to effectively communicate with, motivate, support and manage individuals of diverse ages, backgrounds and life experiences
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, including tracking progress and outcomes
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to display compassion, sympathy and patience toward the affected community.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, non-profit environment
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package included
- Lung Cancer Alliance is an equal opportunity employer
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Lung Cancer Alliance through email, email@example.com , subject line “Survivor and Caregiver Programs.“
Lung Cancer Alliance is one of the leading and most highly rated nonprofit organization dedicated to fighting lung cancer in the nation. Since 1995, we have played a critical role in every major advance – changing how we support, talk about, detect and treat the disease – and turning those impacted into survivors. Our mission is saving lives and advancing research by empowering those living with and at risk for lung cancer.
For more information, please visit: www.lungcanceralliance.org