Director, IT Service Management
- Oversee the 24 X 7 operation of PenFed’s IT Availability Command Center, ensuring performance objectives are achieved.
- Establish and develop performance standards for IT Availability Command Center and year over year availability improvement goals.
- Establish and refine operational standards, policies, procedures and documentation of Incident, Problem, Change and Availability Management processes on an ongoing basis to reflect best practices embraced by high-performing, large institutions with exceptionally high availability expectations.
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure appropriate IT systems monitoring capabilities.
- Work with other IT groups to define standards, develop Knowledge Management Standards and Articles and training opportunities to transition tasks from Tier 3 support to Tier 1 and 2.
- Develop and implement desktop policies and standards and manage tech refresh roadmap and schedule.
- Interact with all levels of internal and/or external leaders.
- Strategically develop and operationally employ industry best practice for ITIL in areas such Incident, Release, Problem, Change, Configuration and Asset Management.
- Manage and mentor geographically dispersed IT teams. Coach them to identify, prioritize and resolve issues; provide regular mentoring to direct reports; create long term and short term goals for the team and monitor progress.
- Develop professional development roadmaps for employees that foster leadership development – and the technical skills – required to support PenFed’s strategic objectives.
- Promote professional development of employees through open communication, effective performance reviews and personnel actions.
- Provide technical leadership and professional guidance to managers and staff to ensure long-term succession and development of the IT division.
- Support division and corporate risk management objectives through proper review of project plans, change requests, operations procedures, and business continuity plans per established corporate and IT policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors and service providers to ensure performance and availability objectives and SLAs are satisfied; stay attuned to future technical capabilities and direction; and work continuously to increase operational efficiency for PenFed.
- Manage vendors and service providers including SLAs, RFIs, RFPs and contracts as they relate to IT Service Management.
- Prepare and manage the budget for the IT Service Management.
- Liaise with service providers, vendors, and internal business and technology development groups. Ensure that IT Operations requirements, responsibilities and services are properly represented and that IT Operations procedures are followed.
- Ensure that all incidents are recorded, analyzed, interpreted and escalated properly – and examined for opportunities for improvement of operations procedures and processes – in order to improve our services, people, processes and technologies.
- Develop and nurture strong, trusting relationships with internal leaders to ensure that PenFed services solutions are properly supported and maintained, and that PenFed’s growth is supported by an evolving foundation of operational excellence.
- Develop and nurture an innovative culture with employees by promoting the application of ideas and technologies to improve IT Service Management and reduce costs.
- Work closely with business staff from all areas of the company to identify solutions to meet or exceed business requirements and to understand the impact of service interruptions to respective business areas.
- Develop and nurture strong professional relationships outside the credit union; stay current with new technologies and practices; studying other institutions; participate in industry community-groups.
- Lead Daily IT Availability meeting ensuring a passionate commitment across the IT Organization to identify and remediate root cause of IT Service interruptions.
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of the processes associated with incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, availability management and IT Service Desk
- Develop and direct IT Availability Improvement program, identifying and sponsoring projects designed to improve availability of PenFed systems.
- Collaborate with other IT Teams to ensure adequate representation in the Availability Command Center to ensure 80% containment of service restoration actions for every IT incident (e.g.: service is restored by personnel within the ACC for 80% of incidents without assistance from personnel outside the ACC).
- Develop and monitor performance metrics and design process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ of experience in IT Operations in an industry with exceptionally high availability expectations (i.e.: financial services, hospitals, aerospace, etc.) is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years with direct supervision responsibilities of 10-30 personnel is required, with additional matrix management responsibilities of 5-20 personnel preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing performance standards, metrics and associated reporting.
- Demonstrated experience administering business continuity plans and disaster recovery testing.
- Solid understanding of industry best practices and standards including ITIL (ITIL certification preferred).
- Strong IT Technical knowledge, business acumen and process skills.
- Demonstrate experience managing matrix resources and the ability to influence.
- Demonstrate ability to design and implement strategic and operational roadmaps.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Comfortable in diverse, fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to develop teams and lead people in diverse and decentralized environment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strong IT operations organizations and a service-oriented culture.
- Demonstrated experience managing network operations centers, or availability command centers for a large organization.
- Demonstrated experience with optimizing facilities and services with a mix of internal and external resources.
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing contracts, billing and relationships with services providers and vendors for a large, complex institution.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in high pressure, high stress environment.
This position will directly supervise employees.
This position will have matrix management supervisory responsibilities.
This position will manage contractual performance of 3rd party resources.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.