6 days left
- Full Time
PenFed is hiring an Audit Manager at our corporate PenFed Plaza office located in Tysons Corner, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to serve as a functional expert in risk assessment, internal control, and audits of financial services, including analyzing emerging risks in order to help develop and adjust the risk-based audit plan to help mitigate those risks. The goal of this role is to accomplish the audit mission in accordance with the highest professional standards, implementing all aspects of the assurance audit program for PenFed’s operational lines of business including such functions as mortgage banking, credit card services, asset and account management, investment operations, affiliated business activities and financial and risk management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement a comprehensive assurance audit program for complex banking operations, ensuring the effective accomplishment of internal audit goals and objectives established in support of PenFed’s mission and strategic initiatives.
- Identify and evaluate significant exposures to risk and contribute to the improvement of risk management and control systems. Collaborate in designing solutions and building plans for correcting control weaknesses and deficiencies.
- Plan and manage multiple ongoing audit assignments including through leading supervising and managing the work of assigned audit staff and providing for their professional development.
- Ensure that audit planning, performance and reporting are executed in accordance with professional auditing standards and departmental policies and procedures. Relatedly, implement actions necessary to produce high quality audit reports that are factually accurate, logically supported and fair and balanced.
- Actively support follow-up on audit recommendations to ensure the actions taken correct the reported conditions.
- Help identify innovative approaches to assessing risk in PenFed operations and accomplishing essential audit tests including the use of data analytics.
- Prepare professional audit reports on observations identified in the course of audit work and collaborate with management to develop effective recommendations. Ensure that risks are adequately identified and addressed for each audit.
- This position is responsible for audit planning, performance and reporting, interacting with senior PenFed and affiliated entity officials, supervising assigned auditor staff, and serving as a functional expert on risk assessment and internal control in a banking environment.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting is preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in auditing in the financial services industry and/or financial regulatory environment is required.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience.
- Must display keen business acumen, knowledge in the application of professional auditing standards, initiative and flexibility in handling multiple and often competing priorities.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification is preferred.
- Limited travel to various worksites is required.
About Us Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality. We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more. Equal Employment Opportunity PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same. PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.