Lead A/V Technician II (17-159)
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Lead A/V Technician II for a two-year, renewable non-exempt, appointment to work in the Facilities Department of the Finance and Administration Division. The successful candidate will work on a facilities team that provides a range of office/facilities services and audio visual (A/V) technical support for conferences, workshops/training events, teleconferencing, and video teleconferencing (VTC) in a fast-paced office environment. The Lead Facilities A/V Technician II is responsible for coordinating and setting up audio and video services, providing solutions and handling equipment, including development of new approaches and services, maintenance, troubleshooting and working with A/V vendors, as needed. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages and directs daily A/V coordination and services.
- Provides solutions for solving technical problems related to A/V services, including development of innovative approaches and services, maintenance, troubleshooting and working with A/V vendors.
- Provides troubleshooting support for all A/V technologies. Mentors back up facilities staff to develop their troubleshooting skills.
- Conducts conference room and A/V system inspections, resolves minor issues and coordinates resolution of major issues.
- Provides regular status reports. Conducts pre-conference tests and inspections, and monitors audio and video qualities.
- Provides support of all A/V systems and videoconferencing systems in conference rooms. Serves as primary contact for A/V services requested for high-level meetings and for VTC coordination, testing and support. Manages local A/V inventory.
- Conducts periodic maintenance of all A/V equipment and coordinates with vendors as required. Performs weekly/monthly metric reports as needed.
- Develops or contributes to the development of policies and procedures documents as well as user documentation.
- Provides leadership and direction for planning, organizing, developing and integrating technical efforts, including establishment, execution and reporting of departmental systems, goals and schedules.
- Develops solutions and protocol for “mission critical” seminars and communication by conceptualizing and developing seamless back-up systems for camera feeds, audio/microphones, live-streaming, laptops, AV Control Room and VTC while facilitating and preserving communications across the organization.
- Drives the continuous improvement of the company’s existing technologies while supporting the implementation of new technological innovations.
- Advises project directors and managers on the specifications, costs and usage of technical equipment required.
- Continuously maintains the quality and consistency of execution of the company's technologies related to technical work.
- Provides high level of customer service to all staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma plus nine years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Technology Specialist (CTS). Demonstrated knowledge of the technical aspects related to A/V support including, lighting, sound, VTC, camera work, video switching, performance monitoring, and hardware maintenance.
- Experience with VTC-- specifically Polycom and Sony systems.
- Ability to be resourceful; good attention to detail and ability to assess problems thoroughly.
- Ability to work independently and multitask under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong customer-oriented focus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrated familiarity in using Word Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds
- Demonstrated considerable experience with Web streaming
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- Employee will seat in an upright position for a long period of time with little opportunity to move/stretch
- Employee will lift between 0-50 pounds
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
IFPRI provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition. The Institute conducts research, communicates results, optimizes partnerships, and builds capacity to ensure sustainable food production, promote healthy food systems, improve markets and trade, transform agriculture, build resilience, and strengthen institutions and governance. Gender is considered in all of the Institute’s work. IFPRI collaborates with partners around the world, including development implementers, public institutions, the private sector, and farmers’ organizations. IFPRI is a member of the CGIAR Consortium.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.