Journeyman - Toponymist (Russian)
Performs open source data analysis, interpretation and management duties. Develops rules and methodologies for data collection and analysis to analyze and visualize patterns, trends, and predictions within geospatial data sources.
- Utilize Russian linguistic skills to provide open source research and support analysis for national security, infrastructure, technology, country, geographic area, biographic and targeted vulnerability. Products may include: Controlled Image Base (CIB1), Topographic Line Maps (TLMs), Multi-national Geospatial Co-production Program (MGCP) products, MGCP Derived Graphics (MDG), Digital Terrain Elevation Data (DTED), Shuttle Radar Topography Mission (SRTM), etc.
- Has working knowledge of geospatial database content management.
- Proficient in various Electronic Light Tables (ELTs) and GIS software packages including Socet GXP, RemoteView, ENVI, QT-Modeler, IEC, ArcGIS, GeoRover and FalconView.
- Develops and supervises analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensure maximum operational success.
- Familiar with FME, ESRI extract, transform, load ETL tools, and/or other data conversion tools.
- Performs and manages data collection, analysis, interpretation, and management duties.
- Delivers presentations that reflect the results of the data analysis.
- Develops and provides data-related training to staff.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Has working knowledge of combining digital cartography, GIS cartographic and geospatial production techniques.
- Able to pass the GEOINT Professional Certification (GPC) within 90 days of hiring start date.
- Able to communicate effectivity to refine and manage customer requirements to produce tailored, timely, and accurate geospatial products.
- Local and overseas travel may be required.