GCCS-M Systems Engineer/Install Technician
General Dynamics is seeking professional and highly motived candidates Analyst/Engineer to support the installation, maintenance, and site support of Global Command and Control Systems-Maritime (GCCS-M). These positions require a high technical level of understanding in planning, implementation, operation and maintenance of integrated networks used in support of a resilient and secure, fully operational environment. 5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.Experience in user operations, integration, testing, patch implementation, installation execution, configuration, and troubleshooting of software, interfaces and network issues.Responsibilities may include any of the following (GCCS experience is preferred):
- Provide system engineering services for ashore and afloat customers via distance support, or on-site.
- Perform troubleshooting for issues and implementation of solutions for hardware, software, interfaces and networks for GCCS-M products.
- Provide support for the operation, maintenance, and upgrade of C4I systems at operational sites. Support the operation and administration of heterogeneous C4I networks consisting of PCs, workstations, servers, Local Area Network (LANs), and communications devices.
- Provide on-site support for GCCS-M Increment I and II. Increment I includes GCCS-M 3.X and GCCS-M 4.0.X, while Increment II includes GCCS-M Unit Level (UL) 4.1.X, GCCS-M, Group Level (GL) 4.1.X, GCCS-M Force Level (FL) 4.1.X.X. and C2PC.
- Evaluate and identify deficiencies and conduct corrective actions to resolve issues. Conduct integration and interoperability testing of the GCCS-M shipboard systems and related interfaces.
- Perform software installation of GCCS-M/J/Non-POR systems afloat and ashore.
- Install, configure, and trouble shoot GCCS-M Increment I and II software to achieve fully operational system functionality. This will include GCCS systems operating on Solaris 10, Solaris 11, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 Server and Windows 7 platforms, in a Domain Naming Service (DNS), Windows (WIN) and/or Active Directory environment.
- Provide afloat personnel with system familiarity training, to include references for installing software, performing routine maintenance and troubleshooting the GCCS-M systems.
- Travel 30 days/year CONUS and overseas
- AN/USQ-119, 153, 172, or similar Navy computer hardware systemsCOMPOSE 3.0.x, 3.5, 4.0 and 4.1GCCS-M 3X, 4.0.1.x, 4.0.2.x, 4.0.3.xATCA Blade server technologiesOracle and NetApp storage arrays and systemsRack-mount server technologiesRack enclosures and supporting equipmentVirtualization technologiesNetwork switching and routing technologiesSerial I/O and multiplexer technologies
- AN/USQ- 183, 184, 187, or similar Navy computer hardware systemsCOMPOSE 3.5 baselineGCCS-J 4.2.0.X, baselineAgile ClientGCCS-M 4.1. Unit Level and 4.1 Force Level baselines
- AN/USQ-208 or similar Navy computer hardware systemsCOMPOSE 4.0 baselineGCCS-J 4.3.X baselineGCCS-M 4.1 Group Level/Force Level baselinesOracle Solaris 8/10/11Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012Microsoft Windows XP/7Personnel installing hardware or software, and those requiring system root access, are required to have certifications for Windows OS (Windows 7/Server 2008) and Unix OS (Solaris 10 or 11).