GDIT is seeking a Systems Developer that builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages.
- Plans, develops, tests, and documents highly complex applications programs.
- Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
- Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
- Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
- Provides input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as users manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
- Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
- Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Performs research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 8-10 years of directly related computer programming experience.